Saturday, July 9, 2011

Last Update Before Fall Merchandise Released

Most stores will be doing inventory in the next few days - Philly will be doing inventory tomorrow, closing an hour early, other stores will be doing inventory on Monday. That means fall merchandise will be coming out early next week. I believe I was slightly premature in my Jersey comments, but I have been assured that most Jersey stores will be putting the Fall line out on Tuesday. NYC stores shouldn't be far behind.

The merchandise listed in the prior post, however, is accurate. Jey Coleman (made in Italy) will be a hot ticket the first few weeks. If you're looking for full suits from JCM (as opposed to just sportcoats), I highly suggest visiting 34th St., 57th & Lex. or Soho. But most of the locations should have a good selection of sportswear, including shirts, knits, jeans and outerwear. I do NOT anticipate JCM merchandise at the following stores (please note I have no experience with stores outside of Jersey, Philly, and Manhattan) - Totowa, NJ; East Hanover, NJ; Secaucus, NJ; Wall Street

In terms of new merchandise this week, I didn't notice anything at all. I picked up a few scraps at the Philly store in the nature of a pair of Aquascutum khakis (made by Giab's) and a nice button-up from Alessandro Gherardeschi, but both have clearly been w/in the Daffy's system for a long time.

Anyway, my next post will be reporting on some of the Fall merchandise. I would wait until at least Wednesday for the stores to put out everything they've got in their stock rooms, but as always w/Daffy's, early bird gets the worm. Happy Hunting! Do be sure to leave comments on the new merchandise that's rolling in; I'd be glad to post pictures of some of the stuff you're finding - and I will reiterate - the Jey Coleman merchandise is awesome this season, so get it while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment