Sunday, March 20, 2011

More Culturata, Not Much Else


The latter part of this week, unfortunately, didn't bring much aside from John Barritt merchandise mentioned in prior posts. However, the Paramus, NJ store got in a few more shirts from Culturata (made in Italy) -- really nice stuff, and a steal at $30 a pop -- previously mentioned here, about a month ago.

The only other stuff I noticed were some polo shirts from a company called Robert August, which is apparently a surfboard company (the pic on the right is the logo on the neck-tag of the shirt, not a shirt I actually saw). Nothing special at all, pretty generic stuff -- but it was all $6.99/shirt, so can't hurt if it looks nice on you.

Aside from new merchandise, I paid a visit to the Wall St. store for the first time in about 4-5 months. I don't often visit that particular store, as it's both out of the way and often has one of the worst selections out of all Daffy's locations -- though they had a very nicely organized shoe section if that entices anyone (aside: which reminds me, I need to write up a post at some point ranking the different locations). I figured, couldn't hurt taking a look since I was already stopping by Century 21. And the store (Daffy's Wall St.) lived up to its reputation (in my mind) and had absolutely nothing worthwhile. Though, stopping at Century 21, I noticed they just got in spring outerwear from the label ZeroSettanta (made in Italy) - I mentioned this a while ago, but I'll say it again just for those who may not have seen the comment before --> Century 21 sells these jackets starting at $150 and going up to $250. Daffy's sells literally the same exact merchandise for $80 and under. As much as I think C21 has its act together moreso than Daffy's in several areas, the pricing there is just horrendous on the vast majority of items.

No comments:

Post a Comment